I value history, beauty, and sustainability. Sourcing vintage home decor is not only fun, it’s very rewarding to help people select just the right piece.
With over 25 years of experience in retail merchandising, buying, product development, and sales Susan has worked with top brands in jewelry, clothing, women’s accessories, and home decor products. Luxury brands she has worked for include Saks Fifth Avenue, Cartier, Neiman Marcus, David Yurman, Bloomingdale’s, Burberry, Kate Spade, Gump’s, Anthropologie, Nordstrom, Henri Bendel, and Macy’s. She spent the last 10 years marketing and selling vintage home decor, jewelry, and fashion accessories online.
Some fun facts about Susan McDonald
- In 2004 she designed one of kind bracelets using vintage jewelry bits, baubles, and single earrings. The collection was featured on the cover of the San Francisco Chronicle’s Fall Fashion Magazine insert and picked up by Kate Spade and sold at all the Kate Spade stores in the US and Japan.
- She spent 12 years working in retail sales, assisting thousands of women with wardrobe, accessories, and styling. She’s worked with one of the most in-demand, personal shoppers in the world, whose clients include the rich and famous.
- A collector of vintage cocktail glasses and bar ware. Bought her first shaker in 1981 for $.10.
- Started going to flea markets in 1976 and buying interesting decorative objects. Her parents always greeted her arrival home with “Now what did you buy?”.
- She enjoys classic movies and film noir. Her favorites include Sunset Boulevard, Funny Face, Some Like It Hot, Double Indemnity, Detour, and anything by Alfred Hitchcock.
- Obsessed with the HGTV show Flea Market Flip.