The Rocker Chic trend is really hot right now. Think Chrissie Hynde of the Pretenders, think leather, and rock and roll. Now add a little bit of lady like chic, not quite June Cleaver, but almost! This look is for every woman, young and mature; everyone can pull this off, and here’s where jewelry can really be a great investment that can allow you to be right on trend whether you are a business woman going to a meeting, having lunch out with friends or a long weekend away. My favorite jewelry picks to get this trend into your wardrobe are by investing in a few great chain and metal pieces. Just one necklace or a stack of bracelets, paired with a leather jacket, crisp white shirt and pencil skirt or skinny jeans can help you be right on this trend!
The top 5 jewelry items that are key to the Rocker Chic trend are:
- Chains – silver, gold, oxidized, rhodium plated, gun metal colored
- Stack of bracelets -again, silver, gold, blackened, add a few diamonds or rhinestones
- Statement cocktail ring – the motif can be anything. I love an over sized oval stone, or an eclectic mix of colors and textures.
- Statement Cuff – go for bold, embellished pieces that are special and unique
- Bold, edgy earrings – rhinestones, black or gray diamonds in either clean geometrical shapes or a strong drop with an architectural feel.
Balance is critical here. If you big on chain necklaces, go for a small stud earring. If you want to go for a statement piece, go minimal on other pieces. For example, if you wear a statement cuff bracelet, balance the look with a small, simple earring. Choose one focal point. Stack your bracelets by mixing scale and texture. Always stack in odd numbers.
Also, I like sticking with either gold tone or silver tones. I think mixing in oxidized or rhodium plated pieces adds some nice depth and variety back to either silver or gold tones. Dark, smokey black tones go with everything!
Here is a roundup of my favorite pieces:
From the top: Multi chain necklace from David Yurman, Lulu Frost chain bracelet, Jessica Kagan Cushman diamond maltese cuff bracelet, Jessica Kagan Cushman key bracelet, black spiked stud hand carved resin ring on Etsy, Renegade bracelet from Stella & Dot, Kenneth Jay Lane Rhodium plated rhinestone earrings,Lulu Frost Orbit earrings, Eddie Borgo silver cone bracelet and Forever 21 spike earrings.